I am completely obsessed with this rich in protein tropical fruit, and there ain’t just one reason. Not only do I love the taste of coconut, but I am all for when it comes to its health and beauty effects. Coconut-derived products are increasingly being used in foods and home kitchens. The coconut contains coconut water when it is still young. This water turns into coconut milk when the fruit is left in the palm tree to mature.
Below I share with you some of the health benefits of coconut and reasons why you should love it as much as I do.
- Promotes weight loss and boosts your immune system: Coconut contains the good kind of fat. It consists of mostly medium chain fatty acids, which are assimilated well by our body and turned into energy. Some other benefits of the saturated fatty acids: they help deal with viruses and diseases, react with bacteria, and have antimicrobial effects.
- Workout: Coconut water acts as a great hydrator for your workouts, although be mindful that it’s not your best shot for heavier workouts.
- In the kitchen: Use coconut oil for cooking. While I am always in favour of having fresh coconut meat, dried flakes of coconut are also great for cooking. Virgin coconut oil is your safer choice for consumption, as it is unrefined, unprocessed and is not hydrogenated.
- Beauty effects: Coconut oil is great for your hair and scalp. It also prevents wrinkles and keeps your skin healthy and youthful looking.
- Young coconuts are green in colour. The coconut water contained in the young coconut is low in calories and sugar. Additionally, it is high in vitamins, proteins, minerals, and ascorbic acid.
- I’m obsessed with coconut scented beauty products. Using them makes me think of summer.